Roundtrip Press Kit
Roundtrip is a digital logbook for NSW learner drivers that replaces the NSW paper logbook and makes recording practice incredibly easy and fun.
Roundtrip can automatically record practice time, location, weather and more so you don't need to enter it yourself every time.
You can also track your learning goals, track bonus hours and submit your practice to Roads & Maritime Services once you've completed your minimum practice requirements.
Roundtrip was one of the winning app pitches of the NSW Learner Driver Logbook Innovation Challenge.
Eat More Pixels were one of the winners of the NSW Learner Driver Logbook Innovation Challenge in Oct 2016. We entered an incubation phase with Roads and Maritime Services and launched the app in September 2017. During the incubation phase we also completed the Startup School Online by Y Combinator for the Roundtrip app.
Eat More Pixels have a history of building innovative apps for learner drivers. Dr Zac Fitz-Walter, one of the co-founders of Eat More Pixels, created a gamified logbook app for his PhD to look at how game elements could learner drivers to undertake diverse driving practice to encourage safer drivers. Roundtrip is the next evolution of this app.
- Roundtrip is available on iPhone and iPod Touch devices running iOS 10 or later.
- An Android version coming soon. Sign up to be the first to hear when it's available.
The media pack download (15mb - .zip) includes:
- Roundtrip icon and logo
- Images of Roundtrip in action
- App Store images
- Roundtrip Screenshots
- Images of the Roundtrip team
- Roundtrip Poster
In the media
- Ausdroid - Finally, NSW Learners can now log their drivers logbook digitally (13 Oct 2017)
- OpenGov - Learner driver log books go digital in NSW (12 Oct 2017)
- Transport for NSW - Tear up the paper, learner driver logbook goes digital (10 Oct 2017)
- Business Insider - Learner driver logbooks are going digital in NSW (10 Oct 2017)
- Guardian News - An alternative to the outdated paper version (10 Oct 2017)
- Computerworld - NSW Roads and Maritime Services opens up DRIVES (4 Oct 2017)
- 7 News - Learner drivers to use GPS tracking instead of log books (29 Sep 2017)
- News.com.au - App to replace NSW learner logbooks (18 April 2017)
- Roads & Maritime - L-Platers win from logbook future (8 Feb 2017)
- Car Advice - NSW to replace L-plater logbook with mobile app (8 Feb 2017)
- 7 News - Learner Log Book Phase-Out (7 Feb 2017)
- Computerworld - Transport for NSW seeks app to replace learner-driver logbook (24 June 2016)
- Gizmodo - NSW Wants To Replace Learner Driver Logbooks With An App (20 April 2016)
- SBS - App to replace NSW learner logbooks (18 April 2016)